Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fave Finds

I love browsing through Pinterest, and reading all the blogs that I follow on Google Reader or on my iPad with Flipboard, so I thought every week I would share some of my favourite things that I have found on the internet throughout the week.

First off I am starting with my favourite image, although it was released last week, it still counts since this is my first week of Fave Finds.  I have absolutely fallen in love with Tiddly Inks Wryn images, they are so adorable.  Here is a card done by Amanda R for Tiddly Inks newest challenge.  Isn't Wryn adorable.



Finally got around to watching the movie The Help, it was amazing and I highly recommend it.  For those of you that haven't heard about it, it's about an aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960's decides to write a book detailing the African-American maid's point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis.




I found a recipe for Buffalo Wing Turkey Lettuce Wraps over at The Girl Who Ate Everything blog and it looks delicious, can't wait to give it a try.


I love love love this layout by Corrie over at You, Me & Crazy .  I love the colours, I love the design, I love the papers, I love everything about it.



This book that I heard about from Charlotte's Web of Books, The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy sounds really good.  A brief description from her site:

The Baker's Daughter takes place in two different eras in two different worlds.  Elsie Schmidt is a young and naive seventeen year old girl in 1945 Germany.  She has been invited to attend a Christmas celebration with an officer or Hitler's army, a young man who has been courting Elsie for some time. She thinks nothing of this gentleman, but is eager for her first taste of champagne.  Sheltered herself, from the atrocities of the war, Elsie gets her first real taste of what the war really means when she finds herself rescuing the young Jewish boy who sang at dinner from being forced to return to the Camps.  Her act of kindness that night changes the course of her life in ways that she never thought possible.

Flash forward sixty years to Texas and you will find Elsie and her daughter Jane running a bakery using the same recipes that Elsie's family used in their bakery all of those years ago.  A young reporter enters their bakery looking to interview Elsie for a piece she is doing on cultural Christmas traditions.  But as Elsie tells her story to Reba, Reba learns far more about love and loss than she ever thought possible.  Will Elsie's tale help Reba decide which way to go with her own relationship?


I'm not sure how much of a fave this is at this point but I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred this week.  The level 1 workout is tough, I can't imagine what the next two levels are going to be like but I am trying not to think about them.  I am still struggling to get through the workout but I am hoping that gets better with time.  I do feel better afterwards though, once I can feel my legs and arms again anyway.



Finally here is my fave colour combo for the week.  I really like using the Design Seeds website for colour inspiration for scrapbooking, cardmaking and home decorating.

No comments: