Sunday, January 9, 2011

Saturday Sketch challenge and some colouring

It's been a few days since I last posted, it has been a bit more difficult finding the time to post to this blog than I thought it would be but I do enjoy it so am going to make my best effort to find the time as often as possible.  This week I completed a layout for the sketch challenge at the Kaisercraft Blog 

Here is my layout

Sorry about the glare from my flash I am still trying to find the best location for taking pictures of my work.

For quite awhile now I have been wanting to add copic markers to my supplies but unfortunately they are just too expensive.  I do really enjoy colouring in images and have been finding lots of digital images on the internet that I would like to try my hand at.  I found a You tube video yesterday where the person coloured in their image with prismacolor premier pencil crayons and blended with some odorless mineral spirits.  That's when I remembered that I have an old set of prismacolor scholar pencil crayons and a colourless blender pencil.  So I got them out and this is what I did with them.

Obviously I still need to work on my shading and blending techniques but I had a blast colouring in the image.  I think what I am going to do is hopefully use a Michaels coupon and invest in the 132 set of prismacolor premier pencil crayons, some blending stumps and odorless mineral spirits.  I can't wait to start adding digital images to my collection.

No comments: