Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Make Your Own Embellishments


I completed this layout for the Lyric Challenge at Scraptures. I made the butterfly embellishments by cutting out stamped images,colouring them in with my distress inks, and adding black laquer to them.  I also punch out some butterflies using the Martha Stewart punch and added some flat back pearls and some stickles to them.  This is for the make your own embellishments challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

I chose to use some of the lyrics from Pink's song Perfect.  A friend recently reccomended I watch the video for this song and I love the message it sends.  My daughter and her friends organized a Perfect day at school in which they didn't do their hair or makeup and wore their track pants to school to prove they are perfect just the way they are.  If you haven't seen the video check it out.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Beautiful page, the photo is adorable and I love the way you've placed the butterflies.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "make your own embellies" challenge
hugs Mandy xx